Effective on May 24, 2018
This privacy statement describes how April Broadcast Pvt. Ltd. collects and uses the personal information you provide on our web site: www.aprilbroadcast.tv It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, password
- Passwords are collected and stored in an encrypted format by an automated process.
- Information about your business such as company name
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
Information collected when you make a content license purchase, including your billing address, payment information and if applicable. As noted below under “Payment Gateways”, payment information such as your credit/debit card or financial account number is provided through a secure tunnel interface directly to a 3rd party payment processor, and is not accessible to or collected by us.
You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, you may be ineligible to be a customer, or complete transactions on our Website and/or certain other services may not be available to you.
Locations where your data may be Stored or Processed
Personal information collected by website may be stored and processed in the U.S., India or any other country in which April Broadcast Pvt. Ltd. or its affiliates or subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by providing us with your personal information and using our Website or services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information
- to administer your account;
- to process your transactions;
- to communicate with you about your transactions, new products and services including transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations;
- to provide customer service;
- to send you requested content, sales or service information;
- to assess the needs of your business to determine suitable content or services;
- to display content that is customized to your interests and preferences;
- to respond to customized content or services requests;
- to send you a newsletter or information about our content, services, programs and offerings or other information or offers that may be of interest
- to operate our blogs or comment areas of our Website.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at [email protected]
Information Obtained Regarding Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, processing or management, to host websites or computer servers, to fulfil orders and shipments, to assist in marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those third-party service providers (i) are permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service, (ii) are required by April Broadcast Pvt. Ltd. to protect personal information to the same extent as April Broadcast Pvt. Ltd. and as required by applicable law, including, if they process personal information of persons residing in the EU, the GDPR, (iii) are permitted to use such personal information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and (iv) are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with law, protect your safety or the safety of us or others, investigate fraud, defend ourselves from legal claims, or respond to a government request;
- if April Broadcast Pvt. Ltd. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; (In such event, you will be notified via email and/or a notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.);
- to our legal counsel and auditors; or
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers may be available in each browser’s privacy or help documentation. But please be aware that certain features and capabilities of the Website depend on cookies, so if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use those features or capabilities, and your preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of April Broadcast Pvt. Ltd. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at [email protected] . If you have any question about the security of a payment gateway or processor, you should contact the payment gateway or processor.
Additional Policy Information
Reviewing and Correcting and Updating your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the EU, you have the right to receive a copy of, review and/or update your personal information and to correct any of your personal information in our records that is inaccurate. We extend this right to persons everywhere. If you would like to do so, contact us at [email protected].
Deletion or Restriction of Our right to Store or Process your Personal Information
Under the GDPR, you have the right to restrict processing of or request erasure of your personal information. However this right is not absolute, and we will continue to retain and use your personal information as we determine is necessary for management of continuing contractual rights and obligations, the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights or claims or protect our or licensee rights, which would include our need to comply with our contractual and other legal obligations, resolve disputes or claims, and enforce our agreements.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
April Broadcast Pvt. Ltd.
352, Powai Plaza, Hiranandani Gardens,
Powai, Mumbai 400 066, India
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +91 22 6725 6140